Randhawa Hospital is one of leading and renowned hospitals in north India, situated in Amritsar, Punjab. The hospital provides latest health services like EECP(ECP) and AMT.
Amritsar is one of the most popular tourist destinations in the world. The Golden Temple is the ultimate pilgrimage for Sikhs all over the world. It is a wonderful golden structure surrounded by water on all four sides. It is truly awe-inspiring.
We at Randhawa hospital combine EECP treatment with daily or weekly visits to The Golden Temple. In addition, there are about 10 historical Gurudwaras or Sikh religious places around Amritsar each one with its unique architecture and history.
What is EECP
Enhanced External Counter Pulsation (EECP / ECP) is non-surgical remedy for Heart failure, angina, micro vascular disease and other conditions involving poor circulation. (EECP / ECP) is a mechanical way by which long inflatable cuffs (like blood pressure cuffs) are wrapped around both of the patient’s legs. EECP / ECP have two potentially beneficial actions on the heart.
Mainly EECP used to pump blood into the coronary arteries. Secondly, heart begins to beat by its deflating action so EECP creates sudden vacuum in the arteries. The EECP pumping console rapidly inflates and deflates the leg cuffs in synchrony with every single beat of the heart.
EECP (ECP) – The Angina & Heart Failure Solution.
Randhawa Hospital is the first Hospital in India to introduce EECP(ECP) as a first line treatment of Coronary artery disease. EECP is available for treating angina in all leading hospitals of the world, including Mayo Clinic, Cleveland Clinic, Stony Brooks USA and Escort Heart Hospital in Delhi.
EECP (ECP), developed by Vasomedical, Inc., tested in multi-center, controlled, clinical studies, with positive medical results and demonstrated quality of life improvement. Increasing your life’s rhythm is the heart of EECP (ECP). And with Medicare’s coverage (not in India as yet), there’s one more good reason to opt for this.
EECP: A Non-Invasive, Outpatient Treatment
EECP (ECP) is entirely non-invasive (involves no needles or drugs, surgery), carries no risk, painless, comfortable, and administered in one hour sessions. In fact, EECP (ECP) can feel like a deep muscle massage to the legs and the patient is completely relaxed during the process.
It has a 90% success rate and 0% completion rate interleaving angina and symptoms of heart failure.
EECP will benefit whom?
Nearly everyone with coronary artery disease can benefit from EECP(ECP). EECP(ECP) is particularly well-suited to people who:
- Have already had angioplasty, stents or bypass surgery, and the heart disease symptoms have returned.
- Have already had angioplasty, stents or bypass surgery, and the heart disease symptoms have returned. Are not candidates for surgery due to other serious medical conditions.
- Do not want to undergo surgery or angioplasty.
- Rely heavily on medicines, or have to curtail their activities to avoid angina and other heart disease symptoms.
- EECP(ECP) treatment may be the only way to obtain relief from crippling angina.
What is Angina?
Angina pectoris literally means, ‘strangling in the chest’. It is the most common symptoms of coronary artery disease.
- The majority of patients with Angina complain of chest discomfort provoked by mental, physical or emotional stress.
- The discomfort can vary widely among patients who report shortness of breath, fatigue, indigestion, faintness, pain in the chest, arm, neck, or jaw and other symptoms.
What causes Angina?
- Angina signals that a part of the heart muscle is not receiving an adequate supply of blood and oxygen.
- The heart requires a particularly rich blood supply because of its heavy workload and receives this nourishing blood supply through the coronary arteries.
- When narrowed or blocked arteries restrict blood flow, oxygen supply to portions of the heart may at times be insufficient.
- Increase in oxygen demand can occur during exercise, fever, rise in emotion, periods of hypoglycemia, or after meals, triggering the onset of Angina.
How popular is this Treatment?
- In USA 1996 ECP got FDA cleared and 1999 Medicare Insurance coverage. Leading Cardiology centers like Mayo clinic and Cleveland clinic has ECP center.
- In India after the company launched ECP a year ago now there are six centers including Escorts Heart and research institute. By 2006 there are approximately 2000 ECP systems installed worldwide.
So what makes Randhawa Hospital so special?
- We are one of the oldest noninvasive centers in the world.Established in 1994 when for the first time it was proven to the world that Aggressive Medical Treatment and Lifestyle management could avoid Bypass Surgery.
- Dr. SJS Randhawa a noninvasive cardiologist with 32 years experience in New Delhi, Vadodara, Pune, Bangalore and Los Angeles (USA).
- Caring for the needs of the medical tourists since 2003. Our patients have come from all over the world after seeing our results on the web- USA, UK, Canada, Bulgaria, Muscat and Oman, Nepal, Australia, Sudan and South Africa.
- We offer the highest success rate for the relief of angina and congestive cardiac failure due to CAD-coronary artery disease.Up to 95%.
- We accept the most serious patients who have lost all hope and turned away by other hospitals as “hopeless”. These include Bypass failures, Stent reocclusions, advanced Cardiac failure, Kidney failure, Diabetes, severe Hypertension and Morbid Obesity (up to 130 Kg).All these diseases are treated in addition to EECP / ECP.
- So if someone says “Nothing can be done”-don’t believe him.A LOT can be done. Human life is too precious to abandon.
- We are the only center in the world offering ECP and AMT or OMT (optimized medical treatment).So the success rate of ECP alone 75% is increased to 95%.
- We have a fully integrated Cardiac center along with our ECP center with Monitors, Defibrillators, piped Oxygen, and Ventilators.So in case of an unexpected emergency, the patient can be promptly be taken care of.Most other ECP centers are outdoor facilities with accommodation in Hotels at a distance.
- Our Hospital is ISO 9001-2000 certified by American National Accreditation Board.
- 100% English speaking staff.